BOURTON-on-the-Water held off a Willersey comeback to win the Cotswold Floorball League girls’ final 10-9.

They had dominated the qualifying stages and beat their younger opposition 3-1 in the previous encounter.

Bourton started in top gear and, with less than five minutes gone, produced 10 shots and scored four goals.

Isabel Honour maintained her top form with an early hat-trick and Tyla Crammen netted the fourth.

Willersey regrouped and Frankie Wood scored twice quickly only for Honour to make it 5-2 at half-time.

Bourton lost Crammen to injury and Willersey’s danger player Kyra Bostock struck back.

However, Honour scored twice in six seconds to swiftly make it 7-3 in an end-to-end encounter.

Bourton began to tire against Willersey’s improving defence, which featured Bostock’s younger sister Freya.

Wood and Kyra Bostock pulled goals back but Bourton again struck through Honour from Megan Parry’s pass.

The Bostock partnership linked up again for the elder sister to score and then Wood reduced the advantage to just one.

But the trusty Honour netted two more to extend the lead to 10-7, taking her personal tally to nine.

Wood and Kyra Bostock again netted for battling Willersey but Bourton held on.

Today, the Cotswold League ‘A’ team final will be played between Ilmington and Bledington.

Bledington needed two wins to be sure of their place and started well with a 3-0 success over St Catharines. Ben Bright and two deflected James Palmer efforts decided the game.

Bledington then went into a winner-takes-all game against defending champions St James with Caleb Yates scoring the only goal 30 seconds from time.

Jamie Tolley hit the bar in reply and was denied by several saves.

Ilmington joined Bledington in the final after defeating third-placed St James 1-0 through a Fred Barnard goal and fine defending.

Bourton-on-the-Water had problems raising a team after climbing to fifth as their games went down as a win to Ilmington and draw with Tredington.

The final match saw fourth-placed Tredington beat St Catharines 2-1 through Dani Flower and Tom Hatch with Adam Robinson replying.