Get involved! Send your photos, video, news & views by texting EJ NEWS to 80360 or e-mail us
Firefighters tackle chimney fire
10:08am Monday 24th March 2014 in News
COTSWOLD firefighters spent an hour tackling a chimney fire in a village near Blockley.
Gloucestershire Fire & Rescue Service was called just before 7pm on Saturday to Draycott.
A crew from Chipping Campden used chimney rods to clear the chimney and a thermal image camera to ensure no further hot spots remained.
Due to increased popularity of solid fuel heating, the fire service attends a significant number of chimney fires every year.
For safety advice visit glosfire.gov.uk/ysafety_h_chimney.html.
Comments are closed on this article.