LITTLETON kept up their unbeaten West Midlands League Premier Division home start with a 2-1 win over Shawbury United.

The visitors started brightly as Littleton took time to get to grips with their young, energetic opponents.

And Shawbury went ahead as they broke down the left and an accurate far-post cross was buried with Jake Young's clinical volley into the bottom corner.

This seemed to wake up Littleton and chances came but as was the problem the previous week they were wasted with Alfie Bloomer firing over a few times.

Littleton made a half-time change as Jade Ferron replaced Callum Debar and they immediately looked sharper.

Dean Fisher was played in but saw his effort saved.

The busy away keeper tipped over a deflected Bloomer strike and from the resulting corner a goal-line clearance thwarted the hosts.

Joint managers Tyrone Henderson and Oliver Hartill went for it with a change of formation and striker Luke Rowlands came on to bring a different threat.

They created chances and just as it was looking like another disappointing goalless outing the referee adjudged Fisher was fouled and awarded a penalty with 15 minutes left.

Captain for the day and man of the match Ben Billingham showed nerves of steel as he stroked home the spot-kick to level.

With time running out fifth-placed Littleton went for the win as young forward Will Skelton came on for left-back Matt Jackson and added more energy up front.

In injury-time a free kick was given on the edge of the box which Billingham curled into the far corner to give the hosts a deserved victory.

Littleton begin their journey in the Buildbase FA Vase first qualifying round on Friday at Midland League Division One side GNP Sports in Coventry (7.45pm).

Meanwhile, Pershore Town lost a tight West Midlands League Premier Division encounter 1-0 at Wolverhampton Casuals on Saturday.

Town were undone in the first half when Reece Mason’s good work down the left was rounded off by Kieran Cook’s finish during the dying embers of the first half.

Les Jones’ Pershore side pushed for a leveller in the second half with Shaun Griffiths going as close as anyone with 20 minutes to go, forcing a strong stop from keeper Brad Clarkson.

Town are now 10th in the table with one win, one draw and two defeats from the first four games.

With no Bank Holiday games, Pershore return to league action at local rivals Littleton on Saturday, September 7 (3pm).

But first they have a Buildbase FA Vase first qualifying round tie at Malvern Town on Sunday with the match switched to Evesham United’s Jubilee Stadium due to the hosts’ ongoing ground work (3pm).