PAUL Collicutt argued referee Dale Wootton failed to apply the same hardline approach throughout nine-man Evesham United's 3-1 loss at Yate Town.

The Robins boss saw his side let slip an early lead with Linden Dovey and Kai Fisher given their marching orders. Nick Peare was also dismissed for the hosts.

Kane Simpson plundered the opener nine minutes in at Lodge Road, converting a cross from Marley Thomas and Evesham dominated the opening half an hour.

The tide began to turn when Dovey saw sent off for denying an obvious goalscoring opportunity with David Sims-Burgess equalising from the penalty spot.

Yate captain Peare followed Dovey for a late lunge on United keeper Andy Hannah but Town soon moved ahead.

Sims-Burgess was again on target from 12 yards, firing straight down the middle when Adam Price had been pushed in the box three minutes before half-time.

Yate had the better of the second half and put the game to bed when Ollie Mehew came off the bench and played a one-two with Jack Twyman before slotting home the third.

Evesham kept pressing with livewire Thomas proving a constant menace bt the game was up when Fisher picked up a second booking for a push.

“Linden’s was one I would have to see again,” said Collicutt.

“I felt it was harsh but I would say that. I have seen a lot of similar ones given but just as many not given.

“Yet again there were some big decisions from the man in black that turned the game. What didn’t help was that he gave a straight red as well as pointing to the penalty spot. 

“The second one was because Kai gave away a penalty and then later pushed a lad right in front of the ref and you cannot do that. It was a bit of indiscipline on our part.

"The biggest disappointment was that we started the game very brightly and Yate’s only two shots on target in the first half were penalties. 

“There was another chance five or 10 minutes after we scored but it cleared the crossbar from about eight yards. It was one of those days. 

“We were playing good, attractive football and threatening every time we broke and one massive call changed the game. Having been on top it was difficult to take. 

“Refereeing is a hard job and all you can ask for is consistency. There was an example in the second half where one of my lads got pushed in the back, blatantly, and nothing got done. 

“The referee set out his stall doing what he did with Kai. It was exactly the same and felt like one rule for one and another for someone else.

“If you set out your stall by booking one player, you then have to see that through.”

On the Peare incident, Collicutt added: “Their lad lunged in and it looked really bad from the sideline."

Robins: Hannah, Dovey, Tunnicliff, Haskayne, Williams (Turley, 74), Fisher, Thomas, Davidge (Sidibe, 68), Kane Simpson, Davies, Kye Simpson (Anson, h-t).

Attendance: 390.