With thousands of people set to get their frying pans out to make pancakes on Shrove Tuesday, the fire service has issued a warning.

Top tips include to never leave the pan unattended when the heat is switched on, do not move the pan if it is on fire and do not attempt to tackle the fire yourself.

Emma Roberts, head of prevention at Hereford & Worcester Fire and Rescue Service, said: "Over half of all accidental fires in the home start in the kitchen so please take care, especially when cooking with hot oil."