Police have issued a warning after discarded 'laughing gas' canisters were found in Moreton-in-Marsh.

Officers found the discarded ice cream gas canisters in Parkers Lane.

PC Nick Westmacott said: "These canisters are used by people wanting to get a high from the gas.

"Nitrous oxide can cause dizziness and affect your judgement, creating a risk of accidents.

"In large quantities it can also cause the user to faint or pass out.

"If nitrous oxide is inhaled through the mouth from a pressurised gas canister or in a confined space it can cause sudden death through lack of oxygen.

"Please speak with your children to warn them of the dangers of inhaling this substance."