Merryhurst, Hill Farm, Bewdley

Guide price

Bedrooms: 1
A very well presented, upgraded timber chalet with spectacular 'front row' views across the surrounding Severn Valley countryside, together with the benefit of permanent residential occupancy. May sell as fully furnished.

* Splendid 18'x 17' Lounge

* Wide Bay Window With Outstanding Views

* Kitchen With Integral Oven, Hob & Hood

* Double Bedroom

* Shower Room

* Full Width Decked Patio & Summer House

* New 16' x 6' Timber Shed/ Workshop


5.49m x 5.33m (max) (18'0 x 17'6 (max))


3.73m x 2.62m plus 2.57m x 1.30m (12'3 x 8'7 plu

Shower Room

2.26m x 1.60m (7'5 x 5'3 )


2.84m x 2.59m (9'4 x 8'6 )

Summer House

3.35m x 2.03m (11'0 x 6'8 )

Shed/ Workshop

4.72m x 1.75m (15'6 x 5'9 )

Merryhurst enjoys simply spectacular views over from the Wyre Forest countryside from this 'front row' elevated position at Hill Farm, a delightfully situated rural community located just over 2 miles from the centre of Bewdley nestling amidst the glorious Severn Valley countryside and approached over a long 'no through road' country lane running between the River Severn and the SVR steam railway line before ending near Trimpley Reservoir.

The accommodation has been improved by the present owners and offers well proportioned living space with an excellent lounge (18'0 x 17'6 max) featuring full width bay window providing the most impressive views and double doors opening out to the full width timber decked split-level patio.

This splendid living room also features a 'pebble' style LPG gas fire set on black tiled hearth with contemporary exposed timber over.

Just off the living room is a double bedroom with alcoved space for wardrobes. It would also be possible to easily create a second bedroom by partitioning part of the living room if required.

The kitchen is fitted with a modern gloss white range of wall and base cabinets, contrasting black work surfaces, wood effect flooring and integral electric oven, four ring gas hob and steel hood. There is a split-level step down to a further l-shaped area of the kitchen with additional cabinets and space for fridge/ freezer.

This leads on to the shower room, with floor tiling and attractive wall tiling plus suite comprising full width vanity unit having tiled surface and inset hand basin with cabinets below. The room also features a low level w and walk-in cubicle with rainfall mixer shower and hand attachment plus chrome heated towel rail.

Outside the property stands in a well screened plot with privacy fence and gateway to the front. The plot has sufficient width to provide a hard landscaped side garden with Cotswold gravel and slate chippings plus raised area siting the LPG tank.

There is also a newly completed substantial timber shed/ workshop with electric power supply connected.

To the rear of the property the extensive decked area includes a summer house with power & lighting, providing a most pleasant all weather space from which to enjoy the gardens. A gateway leads down to a lower hard landscaped garden area with slate chippings interspersed with shrubs.

Mains water, drainage and electricity are all connected with LPG fired central heating served by a boiler last serviced in November 2021. All windows are upvc double glazed. The property has planning consent from Wyre Forest District Council for permanent residential occupation by way of a certificate of lawful use dated 2010. Council tax is payable to Wyre Forest District Council, rated as Band A.

Occupation of the chalets at Hill Farm is by way of an annual licencing agreement with the site owner, subject to an annual charge of £5000 for the current year (which includes the water).

Intending purchasers will need to complete an application form issued by the site owner, then once approved a new annual licence will be issued.

It is understood that upon the sale of any property at Hill Farm, a commission of 10% of the sale price will be payable by the seller to the site owner. In practice 10% of the purchase price is expected to be paid by the purchaser to the site owner with the other 90% paid directly to the seller.

01299 400555

Allan Morris Wyre Forest Regional Property Centre

Bridge House Riverside

North Bewdley

See all properties from this agent

Send me homes like this by email

This field is required
Please enter a valid email address