THE second stage of plans for 502 homes in Evesham have been recommended for refusal by town councillors.
Proposals by developers for the major new housing estate on Offenham Road were originally deferred by councillors on January 14, after they said they had not received enough time to consider the plans.
But when they came back before the town council’s planning committee on Monday evening, they were given short shrift by members with some saying the plans in front of them had changed significantly from what they had been presented with previously.
Councillor John Smith said: “On behalf of somebody who rang me about it, there seem to be some strong views because this design seems very different to the outline application.
“The land has now also been split between owners.
Local people are not happy with the changes. It just shows what a farce these exhibitions are. It is not fair on members of the public.”
The current application from housing developers Barratt, Bovis and Taylor Wimpey would see 502 new dwellings.
Deputy Mayor Coun Mark Goodge said: “Although the land is largely in Offenham, these people are going to be part of the Evesham conglomerate.”
Coun Wendy Dyke added that reserved matters plans such as these were rarely the same as the first round outline application.
“When Wychavon receives an outline application what comes through the next time is often very different.”
Wychavon District Council’s planning committee will make a final decision on whether the plans are successful and will consider the proposals at a date to be announced.