Get involved! Send your photos, video, news & views by texting EJ NEWS to 80360 or e-mail us
Part of Whichford home goes up in flames
THE owners of a house near Shipston were woken up in the middle of the night to find their barn extension had gone up in flames.
Warwickshire Fire Service received a call to the house on Ascott Road, Whichford, at 3.49am yesterday from neighbours who were awoken by a loud crackling noise.
A crew from Shipston and Stratford attended but the fire was so severe, they requested backup from Hook Norton and Chipping Norton.
Crews battled the flames for three-and-half hours to control the fire which was thought to have started in an electricity fuse box. No one was injured.