Get involved! Send your photos, video, news & views by texting EJ NEWS to 80360 or e-mail us
Evesham Volunteer Centre
8:00am Friday 6th July 2012 in D-F
• Sue Sollis from the Tracy Sollis Charity Shop in Evesham needs volunteers to act as marshals at a 10km run taking place this Sunday July 8. To volunteer, or to find out more, please call Sally Earley, details below.
• Vale Wildlife Hospital charity shop in Evesham is desperate for more volunteers. They don’t have a paid manager like most charity shops and need three to five people on each shift so that’s six to 10 volunteers needed every day. Could you spare three-and-a-half hours a week to help them out?
Please contact Sally Earley for more information.
• Do you have time to spare on a regular basis and live in the Evesham area? Did you know that the Promoting Older People’s Independence (POPI) project based at Evesham Volunteer Centre provides help and support to older socially isolated people living near you? Would you like to find out more about becoming a Good Neighbour visitor or Down the Line telephone contact? For more information about ways you can help support the POPI project please all the POPI co-ordinator Sue Marshall on 01386 40165 or e-mail popi@ eveshamvolunteer.org.uk.
• Do you live in Harvington or Norton? Could you join our team of volunteer drivers? Providing transport using your vehicle, with a mileage allowance paid, to take local elderly and vulnerable people to medical appointments, social activities and other occasions would help to alleviate the social isolation that many elderly and disabled adults feel and so enhance their lives. Due to our insurance coverage, drivers need to be under the age of 80 years. For more information about voluntary driving, please contact Sally Earley.
• Evesham Volunteer Centre is holding a tin collection at Morrison’s in Evesham on Friday, July 13, and Saturday, July 14, to raise funds to help us to provide our wide range of services to the local community. If you have a spare hour or two on either or both of those days could you volunteer to collect for us? To find out more please contact 01386 422367 or Sally on 01386 40165.
• Are you registered blind or partially sighted, would you like to join a very friendly local club especially for you?
If so, why not join the Evesham Share & Learn Group for the blind and partially sighted who meet every Monday morning at The Red Cross Centre, Briar Close, Evesham. To find out more please contact Sally Earley, details below.
• Why not make 2012 the year you decide to take up voluntary work? For more details about the above and all sort of other voluntary work opportunities contact volunteer co-ordinator Sally Earley at Evesham Volunteer Centre on 01386 40165, e-mail volunteering@ eveshamvolunteers.org.uk or call into our office at The Lodge, rear of Dresden House, Brick Kiln Street, Evesham WR11 4AA, call 01386 45035 for the transport office, or for general enquiries ring 01386 40165.
We’re open weekdays 9.30am to 1pm.