Get involved! Send your photos, video, news & views by texting EJ NEWS to 80360 or e-mail us
Evesham Volunteer Centre
11:00am Thursday 3rd May 2012 in D-F
• The Stroke Association – Communication Support Volunteer is needed to help people with communication difficulties following a stroke. The volunteer will receive an induction from the Stroke Association, regular support from a named member of staff and training as the role requires.
• Evesham Library is looking for volunteers for children’s activities. This role would suit someone interested in working with parents and young children.
Volunteers are needed for “Melody Monkey” – songs and stories for parents and children on Mondays from 11am to 11.30am.
• Long Lartin – Could you volunteer to visit and support a prisoner? No experience is needed and full training is given, but you do need integrity and to be nonjudgemental.
• Have you anything suitable to be used as tombola or raffle prizes at fund-raising events held by the centre? Please bring any suitable items into the office or call 01386 40165 for collection.
• The National Childbirth Trust (NCT) needs somebody to work from home to edit and collate their quarterly magazine. Most of the content for the magazine would be taken from NCT sources online but it would be preferable if the volunteer was able to work in Publisher. Training and support would be provided.
• SAGE – Self Advocacy Group Evesham for adults with learning difficulties – meets every second Wednesday from noon to 2pm at Wallace House, Oat Street, for help, lunch and social activities.
• For details about the above and other voluntary work opportunities contact volunteer co-ordinator Sally Earley on 01386 40165. For transport enquiries, call 01386 45035.