It took some months of planning, many thanks to Yvonne Haynes our former Secretary. Making sure we had a great Three Course Lunch menu,, knowing that we would be able to celebrate 90 years of Badsey WI. We were to gather at the Remembrance Hall Badsey on Saturday 30th September. It was to be a fun day said our President, something entirely social for all our WI members. We had a guest of honour, Sheila Knight, she was so pleased to be celebrating with us as she was previously one of our WI. You could feel the anticipation as the Ladies were arriving, the tables looked just perfect. Our president had been busy as well to ensure every lady had a special Badge to wear to say we were 90 years old as a WI. We began with a welcome from our President and then Grace was said. We all enjoyed a fabulous Three course Lunch I began with a generous plate of Pate with lovely whole grain bread to smother pate onto it, I then had the moistest Salmon fillet with lovely fresh vegetables, lastly I tucked into a fruit meringue roulade, with cream holding the fruit in the centre. The Chef, and the team from 'Cobwebs' were thanked for such a sumptuous feast. Once we had finished the meal and coffee or a welcome cuppa, our President asked everyone to raise a glass and congratulate ourselves for being 90 and keeping Badsey WI such a successful WI. As we were standing we then all joined voices and sang a very rousing rendition of Jerusalem. To finish our guest of honour, cut the cake and we each were able to have a lovely slice of rich fruit cake, to take home, for later, Although it was almost a shame to cut, Jane Thompson, our former President had made the cake and created the lovely decoration upon it. So we all wish that Badsey enjoy many more years of friendship, to learn new skills and enjoy new crafts whilst being such a notable group in our community. We intend to inspire as many of the next generation that we welcome to our special WI group.

NICOLA JENKINS