Police tackle 50 brawling people as Bank Holiday ends in violence in the Foregate, Worcester

Mass brawl involving revellers and police erupts in the streets of Worcester

Mass brawl involving revellers and police erupts in the streets of Worcester

First published in News
Last updated
by

A MASS brawl involving more than “50 people” erupted in the streets of Worcester city centre, as drunken bank holiday revellers fought with police.

The alcohol-fuelled brawl erupted outside the McDonald’s store in the Foregate, Worcester, in the early hours of yesterday.

Police dog handlers were called in and four people were arrested at the scene.

The brawl was sparked by police officers speaking to an individual about being too drunk, before chaos ensued and people unconnected to the person “decided they wanted to fight the police”.

Officers from the Operation Patrol Unit, Central Motorway Police Group and police dog handlers were called to the scene around 4am to try to calm the situation.

Many of the police officers were assaulted, with several sustaining minor injuries.

Detective Deborah Sanders, of West Mercia Police, said: “This incident started out with a relatively minor case, as a man was being spoken to about being too drunk and committing anti-social behaviour by officers.

“Unfortunately, when people have had too much to drink they don’t know how to conduct themselves. When other people started to notice something occurring with the police and the man officers were speaking to, they decided they wanted to fight the police.

“This was a serious incident of disorder which at its peak involved what we believe to be in excess of 50 people. A number of our officers were assaulted, with several sustaining minor injuries.

“As for why more and more people decided to join in the commotion and fight the police officers, it is believed it is purely alcohol fuelled at this time, as a lot of the people who were involved were not connected to the man who sparked it. They have simply seen it, and decided to join in themselves.

“There were a lot of people out that night, and rather than just enjoy their night, unfortunately, for some reason, this group of people have chosen to join in.”

Four men, aged between 18 and 31 years old, all from the South Worcestershire area, were arrested at the scene, which happened in the early hours of Monday, August 25, and were taken to Worcester Police Station.

The police force is now launching an appeal to the public for information, and say those responsible will be “brought to justice.”

Inspector Sanders said: “We are keen to speak to anyone who witnessed the incident or who may have captured footage of it on their mobile phone. We will be carrying out an investigation, including an analysis of CCTV and other video footage, and more arrests may be made.

“Fortunately, this level of disorder is very rare and when it does occur it is important that it is fully investigated and those responsible are brought to justice.”

Anyone with information is asked to call 101, quoting incident number 0089s of Monday 25 August 2014.

Witnesses can also speak to Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111 or via www.crimestoppers-uk.org.

They've got so much to say about this story on our Facebook page:

 

Comments (55)

Please log in to enable comment sorting

6:13pm Mon 25 Aug 14

CYNIC_AL says...

Meanwhile in another part of town, a different bunch of revellers who were smoking cannabis, caused no trouble whatsoever...
Meanwhile in another part of town, a different bunch of revellers who were smoking cannabis, caused no trouble whatsoever... CYNIC_AL
  • Score: 62

6:33pm Mon 25 Aug 14

drbeat says...

CYNIC_AL wrote:
Meanwhile in another part of town, a different bunch of revellers who were smoking cannabis, caused no trouble whatsoever...
But later on in life they go on to develop Paranoid Schizophrenia:

http://www.schizophr
enia.com/prevention/
streetdrugs.html

shut up you stupid lefty.
[quote][p][bold]CYNIC_AL[/bold] wrote: Meanwhile in another part of town, a different bunch of revellers who were smoking cannabis, caused no trouble whatsoever...[/p][/quote]But later on in life they go on to develop Paranoid Schizophrenia: http://www.schizophr enia.com/prevention/ streetdrugs.html shut up you stupid lefty. drbeat
  • Score: 6

7:04pm Mon 25 Aug 14

Chipper Dinosaur says...

Prohibition is the way.
Prohibition is the way. Chipper Dinosaur
  • Score: -22

7:08pm Mon 25 Aug 14

Chooseanothersubject says...

Mr Cannabis has obviously never seen a cannabis induced psychotic episode. Meanwhile, in another part of Worcester, normal people are retaining their brain cells. Thank you to the officers who last night put others safety before their own once again to keep the law abiding safe
Mr Cannabis has obviously never seen a cannabis induced psychotic episode. Meanwhile, in another part of Worcester, normal people are retaining their brain cells. Thank you to the officers who last night put others safety before their own once again to keep the law abiding safe Chooseanothersubject
  • Score: 113

9:00pm Mon 25 Aug 14

CYNIC_AL says...

Just so you know drbeat, I'm about as left wing as the Daily Mail but thanks for the insult. And Choose another subject - are you a member of the West Mercia PR team by any chance?
Just so you know drbeat, I'm about as left wing as the Daily Mail but thanks for the insult. And Choose another subject - are you a member of the West Mercia PR team by any chance? CYNIC_AL
  • Score: -41

10:03pm Mon 25 Aug 14

kidderlord says...

Please please do not think this "riot" was as a result of the Police sending in the special police unit, the dogs and the Motorway Patrol - they of course just happened to be on hand when this occurred and in no way infused the situation by their presence! After all what else would motorway police officers, frustrated with no real policing work, and dogs that should be "resting" do at this time in the morning but set about youths in the town centre. As if this was anything to do with over reaction of the Police.
Please please do not think this "riot" was as a result of the Police sending in the special police unit, the dogs and the Motorway Patrol - they of course just happened to be on hand when this occurred and in no way infused the situation by their presence! After all what else would motorway police officers, frustrated with no real policing work, and dogs that should be "resting" do at this time in the morning but set about youths in the town centre. As if this was anything to do with over reaction of the Police. kidderlord
  • Score: -80

11:29pm Mon 25 Aug 14

Andy_R says...

It's interesting that this has happened when the town isn't full of students, because it they have either graduated or gone home for the long summer break. Maybe next time there is a drunken incident in town, people won't be so quick to jump to the conclusion that students are *always* the ones to blame?
It's interesting that this has happened when the town isn't full of students, because it they have either graduated or gone home for the long summer break. Maybe next time there is a drunken incident in town, people won't be so quick to jump to the conclusion that students are *always* the ones to blame? Andy_R
  • Score: 74

11:50pm Mon 25 Aug 14

Pir8pete says...

drbeat wrote:
CYNIC_AL wrote:
Meanwhile in another part of town, a different bunch of revellers who were smoking cannabis, caused no trouble whatsoever...
But later on in life they go on to develop Paranoid Schizophrenia:

http://www.schizophr

enia.com/prevention/

streetdrugs.html

shut up you stupid lefty.
Or have no ill effect whatsoever....
[quote][p][bold]drbeat[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]CYNIC_AL[/bold] wrote: Meanwhile in another part of town, a different bunch of revellers who were smoking cannabis, caused no trouble whatsoever...[/p][/quote]But later on in life they go on to develop Paranoid Schizophrenia: http://www.schizophr enia.com/prevention/ streetdrugs.html shut up you stupid lefty.[/p][/quote]Or have no ill effect whatsoever.... Pir8pete
  • Score: 12

11:52pm Mon 25 Aug 14

Pir8pete says...

There are some interesting eyewitness reports that say the Police weren't helping an injured man who obviously needed medical attention, and the crowd were set upon when they tried to get him some help. Whether this si true or not I can't say as I wasn't there but in the 1980's Worcester Police weren't known for their even handedness.
There are some interesting eyewitness reports that say the Police weren't helping an injured man who obviously needed medical attention, and the crowd were set upon when they tried to get him some help. Whether this si true or not I can't say as I wasn't there but in the 1980's Worcester Police weren't known for their even handedness. Pir8pete
  • Score: -1

12:03am Tue 26 Aug 14

graymanss says...

never happend before they changed the door firm to some two bit retard bullies they should check there insurance
never happend before they changed the door firm to some two bit retard bullies they should check there insurance graymanss
  • Score: 10

6:43am Tue 26 Aug 14

Turbosound says...

drbeat wrote:
CYNIC_AL wrote:
Meanwhile in another part of town, a different bunch of revellers who were smoking cannabis, caused no trouble whatsoever...
But later on in life they go on to develop Paranoid Schizophrenia:

http://www.schizophr

enia.com/prevention/

streetdrugs.html

shut up you stupid lefty.
There's use, and abuse... The long term effects of alcohol are much worse on the body that 95% of illegal drugs, and with abuse, on the mind too! Just because alcohol is legal; how many people go out EVERY weekend and get absolutely hammered?! How many drunks end up fighting in the town, wasting very valuable police time and resources?? Then, following the brawls, clogging up A&E EVERY Thursday, Friday, Saturday night?! ...and what percentage of those who have a little smoke from time to time actually end up with any physical or mental health issues? I don't claim to know, but a minuscule amount compared to the all legal alcohol!! Mild use of pretty much anything ain't going to do you much harm!!

Whatever your poison, whether it legal or illegal, BE CAREFUL! DON'T ABUSE IT!!
[quote][p][bold]drbeat[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]CYNIC_AL[/bold] wrote: Meanwhile in another part of town, a different bunch of revellers who were smoking cannabis, caused no trouble whatsoever...[/p][/quote]But later on in life they go on to develop Paranoid Schizophrenia: http://www.schizophr enia.com/prevention/ streetdrugs.html shut up you stupid lefty.[/p][/quote]There's use, and abuse... The long term effects of alcohol are much worse on the body that 95% of illegal drugs, and with abuse, on the mind too! Just because alcohol is legal; how many people go out EVERY weekend and get absolutely hammered?! How many drunks end up fighting in the town, wasting very valuable police time and resources?? Then, following the brawls, clogging up A&E EVERY Thursday, Friday, Saturday night?! ...and what percentage of those who have a little smoke from time to time actually end up with any physical or mental health issues? I don't claim to know, but a minuscule amount compared to the all legal alcohol!! Mild use of pretty much anything ain't going to do you much harm!! Whatever your poison, whether it legal or illegal, BE CAREFUL! DON'T ABUSE IT!! Turbosound
  • Score: 32

7:16am Tue 26 Aug 14

worcestersfinest says...

Turbosound wrote:
drbeat wrote:
CYNIC_AL wrote:
Meanwhile in another part of town, a different bunch of revellers who were smoking cannabis, caused no trouble whatsoever...
But later on in life they go on to develop Paranoid Schizophrenia:

http://www.schizophr


enia.com/prevention/


streetdrugs.html

shut up you stupid lefty.
There's use, and abuse... The long term effects of alcohol are much worse on the body that 95% of illegal drugs, and with abuse, on the mind too! Just because alcohol is legal; how many people go out EVERY weekend and get absolutely hammered?! How many drunks end up fighting in the town, wasting very valuable police time and resources?? Then, following the brawls, clogging up A&E EVERY Thursday, Friday, Saturday night?! ...and what percentage of those who have a little smoke from time to time actually end up with any physical or mental health issues? I don't claim to know, but a minuscule amount compared to the all legal alcohol!! Mild use of pretty much anything ain't going to do you much harm!!

Whatever your poison, whether it legal or illegal, BE CAREFUL! DON'T ABUSE IT!!
You're right about what you say but the issue with cannabis is that a lot of users smoke it daily and because they think it's not that bad for you, they don't really see the issue, as a former regular smoker I would advise against it fully. Alcohol can be a bigger problem but only because of our binge drinking culture, not everybody who drinks feels the need to start fighting!
[quote][p][bold]Turbosound[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]drbeat[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]CYNIC_AL[/bold] wrote: Meanwhile in another part of town, a different bunch of revellers who were smoking cannabis, caused no trouble whatsoever...[/p][/quote]But later on in life they go on to develop Paranoid Schizophrenia: http://www.schizophr enia.com/prevention/ streetdrugs.html shut up you stupid lefty.[/p][/quote]There's use, and abuse... The long term effects of alcohol are much worse on the body that 95% of illegal drugs, and with abuse, on the mind too! Just because alcohol is legal; how many people go out EVERY weekend and get absolutely hammered?! How many drunks end up fighting in the town, wasting very valuable police time and resources?? Then, following the brawls, clogging up A&E EVERY Thursday, Friday, Saturday night?! ...and what percentage of those who have a little smoke from time to time actually end up with any physical or mental health issues? I don't claim to know, but a minuscule amount compared to the all legal alcohol!! Mild use of pretty much anything ain't going to do you much harm!! Whatever your poison, whether it legal or illegal, BE CAREFUL! DON'T ABUSE IT!![/p][/quote]You're right about what you say but the issue with cannabis is that a lot of users smoke it daily and because they think it's not that bad for you, they don't really see the issue, as a former regular smoker I would advise against it fully. Alcohol can be a bigger problem but only because of our binge drinking culture, not everybody who drinks feels the need to start fighting! worcestersfinest
  • Score: 18

9:03am Tue 26 Aug 14

OT1234 says...

What a load of lies!
I was there for the whole thing, police escalated the situation at every opportunity they had, pepper spraying individuals who had already been detained and were on the floor. Bringing out truncheons on people just trying to film the disgusting actions of "police". I feel that the police were very aggressive and abused their power, and it is because of this that bystanders felt the need to join in and attack the police officers.
In my opinion, the police are the main catalyst of the whole situation.
What a load of lies! I was there for the whole thing, police escalated the situation at every opportunity they had, pepper spraying individuals who had already been detained and were on the floor. Bringing out truncheons on people just trying to film the disgusting actions of "police". I feel that the police were very aggressive and abused their power, and it is because of this that bystanders felt the need to join in and attack the police officers. In my opinion, the police are the main catalyst of the whole situation. OT1234
  • Score: 3

9:08am Tue 26 Aug 14

ScottLoftus says...

Having seen some of the videos and heard from people who were there, I feel the while situation could have been handled a lot better, this article makes it sound like the police are innocent and did nothing wrong! I'm sorry but smacking someone who is filming what's happening is not reasonable force!
Having seen some of the videos and heard from people who were there, I feel the while situation could have been handled a lot better, this article makes it sound like the police are innocent and did nothing wrong! I'm sorry but smacking someone who is filming what's happening is not reasonable force! ScottLoftus
  • Score: 19

9:23am Tue 26 Aug 14

OT1234 says...

ScottLoftus wrote:
Having seen some of the videos and heard from people who were there, I feel the while situation could have been handled a lot better, this article makes it sound like the police are innocent and did nothing wrong! I'm sorry but smacking someone who is filming what's happening is not reasonable force!
don't forget the part where police threw an innocent girl across the street for no apparent reason. I have a video on my phone which clearly shows this
[quote][p][bold]ScottLoftus[/bold] wrote: Having seen some of the videos and heard from people who were there, I feel the while situation could have been handled a lot better, this article makes it sound like the police are innocent and did nothing wrong! I'm sorry but smacking someone who is filming what's happening is not reasonable force![/p][/quote]don't forget the part where police threw an innocent girl across the street for no apparent reason. I have a video on my phone which clearly shows this OT1234
  • Score: 25

10:18am Tue 26 Aug 14

mrloverman says...

The police force is now launching an appeal to the public for information, and say those responsible will be “brought to justice.” I trust that includes the violent police officers? Doubt it very much. Thank god we live in the U.K ,where our police don't carry firearms.
The police force is now launching an appeal to the public for information, and say those responsible will be “brought to justice.” I trust that includes the violent police officers? Doubt it very much. Thank god we live in the U.K ,where our police don't carry firearms. mrloverman
  • Score: 10

10:57am Tue 26 Aug 14

presterjohn says...

This is what happens when respect breaks down. The police no longer respect the public and the public no longer respect the police. The easiest solution all round the of course is to not get hammered in the first place. That way you don't get to find out if the copper on duty is on top of his game that night.
This is what happens when respect breaks down. The police no longer respect the public and the public no longer respect the police. The easiest solution all round the of course is to not get hammered in the first place. That way you don't get to find out if the copper on duty is on top of his game that night. presterjohn
  • Score: 28

11:38am Tue 26 Aug 14

localman69 says...

kidderlord wrote:
Please please do not think this "riot" was as a result of the Police sending in the special police unit, the dogs and the Motorway Patrol - they of course just happened to be on hand when this occurred and in no way infused the situation by their presence! After all what else would motorway police officers, frustrated with no real policing work, and dogs that should be "resting" do at this time in the morning but set about youths in the town centre. As if this was anything to do with over reaction of the Police.
Oh don't be so bloody stupid. They were brought in AFTER the trouble started, you idiot. Stop seeing 'police brutality' everywhere and engage what few brain cells you might have before posting your drivel.
[quote][p][bold]kidderlord[/bold] wrote: Please please do not think this "riot" was as a result of the Police sending in the special police unit, the dogs and the Motorway Patrol - they of course just happened to be on hand when this occurred and in no way infused the situation by their presence! After all what else would motorway police officers, frustrated with no real policing work, and dogs that should be "resting" do at this time in the morning but set about youths in the town centre. As if this was anything to do with over reaction of the Police.[/p][/quote]Oh don't be so bloody stupid. They were brought in AFTER the trouble started, you idiot. Stop seeing 'police brutality' everywhere and engage what few brain cells you might have before posting your drivel. localman69
  • Score: 9

11:42am Tue 26 Aug 14

JohnCSG says...

OT1234 wrote:
ScottLoftus wrote:
Having seen some of the videos and heard from people who were there, I feel the while situation could have been handled a lot better, this article makes it sound like the police are innocent and did nothing wrong! I'm sorry but smacking someone who is filming what's happening is not reasonable force!
don't forget the part where police threw an innocent girl across the street for no apparent reason. I have a video on my phone which clearly shows this
Then you should share it on public media such as YouTube. It is not a crime to film the police in a public place, nor is it a crime to share what you film in a public place (as far as I know).
[quote][p][bold]OT1234[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]ScottLoftus[/bold] wrote: Having seen some of the videos and heard from people who were there, I feel the while situation could have been handled a lot better, this article makes it sound like the police are innocent and did nothing wrong! I'm sorry but smacking someone who is filming what's happening is not reasonable force![/p][/quote]don't forget the part where police threw an innocent girl across the street for no apparent reason. I have a video on my phone which clearly shows this[/p][/quote]Then you should share it on public media such as YouTube. It is not a crime to film the police in a public place, nor is it a crime to share what you film in a public place (as far as I know). JohnCSG
  • Score: 24

11:59am Tue 26 Aug 14

pinkfluff says...

JohnCSG wrote:
OT1234 wrote:
ScottLoftus wrote:
Having seen some of the videos and heard from people who were there, I feel the while situation could have been handled a lot better, this article makes it sound like the police are innocent and did nothing wrong! I'm sorry but smacking someone who is filming what's happening is not reasonable force!
don't forget the part where police threw an innocent girl across the street for no apparent reason. I have a video on my phone which clearly shows this
Then you should share it on public media such as YouTube. It is not a crime to film the police in a public place, nor is it a crime to share what you film in a public place (as far as I know).
Agreed, put it on YouTube! If you show the police to help with their enquires you wont see it again lol.

If the allegations about police brutality are true then we need to expose them now and nip it in the bud. I don't want our police to become like police officers in the USA who now shoot people they don't like the look of.
[quote][p][bold]JohnCSG[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]OT1234[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]ScottLoftus[/bold] wrote: Having seen some of the videos and heard from people who were there, I feel the while situation could have been handled a lot better, this article makes it sound like the police are innocent and did nothing wrong! I'm sorry but smacking someone who is filming what's happening is not reasonable force![/p][/quote]don't forget the part where police threw an innocent girl across the street for no apparent reason. I have a video on my phone which clearly shows this[/p][/quote]Then you should share it on public media such as YouTube. It is not a crime to film the police in a public place, nor is it a crime to share what you film in a public place (as far as I know).[/p][/quote]Agreed, put it on YouTube! If you show the police to help with their enquires you wont see it again lol. If the allegations about police brutality are true then we need to expose them now and nip it in the bud. I don't want our police to become like police officers in the USA who now shoot people they don't like the look of. pinkfluff
  • Score: 14

12:00pm Tue 26 Aug 14

lehig76 says...

OT1234 wrote:
What a load of lies!
I was there for the whole thing, police escalated the situation at every opportunity they had, pepper spraying individuals who had already been detained and were on the floor. Bringing out truncheons on people just trying to film the disgusting actions of "police". I feel that the police were very aggressive and abused their power, and it is because of this that bystanders felt the need to join in and attack the police officers.
In my opinion, the police are the main catalyst of the whole situation.
That footage should be made available to either the police and/or the media and/or the PCA then, if it was that bad, the world needs to see it.
[quote][p][bold]OT1234[/bold] wrote: What a load of lies! I was there for the whole thing, police escalated the situation at every opportunity they had, pepper spraying individuals who had already been detained and were on the floor. Bringing out truncheons on people just trying to film the disgusting actions of "police". I feel that the police were very aggressive and abused their power, and it is because of this that bystanders felt the need to join in and attack the police officers. In my opinion, the police are the main catalyst of the whole situation.[/p][/quote]That footage should be made available to either the police and/or the media and/or the PCA then, if it was that bad, the world needs to see it. lehig76
  • Score: 16

12:03pm Tue 26 Aug 14

Chipper Dinosaur says...

Remove the booze, remove the problem.
Remove the booze, remove the problem. Chipper Dinosaur
  • Score: 9

12:11pm Tue 26 Aug 14

canuck7 says...

OT1234 wrote:
ScottLoftus wrote:
Having seen some of the videos and heard from people who were there, I feel the while situation could have been handled a lot better, this article makes it sound like the police are innocent and did nothing wrong! I'm sorry but smacking someone who is filming what's happening is not reasonable force!
don't forget the part where police threw an innocent girl across the street for no apparent reason. I have a video on my phone which clearly shows this
OT1234 - I appeal to you to seriously consider making a personal compliant against the police for what you saw happened that night. i would advise storing the video of the incident somewhere else apart from you're phone and not posting it on you tube at this time but making the video available when making the complaint. the same go's for everybody else who did see anything illegal done by the police- please seriously consider complaining. IF YOU KNOW what you all saw then you're collective testimonies and any video evidence could well lead to rogue officers getting sacked. i know. the law has changed a lot about police complaints so any bystander upset by anything they saw is well accepted as a complainant.
[quote][p][bold]OT1234[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]ScottLoftus[/bold] wrote: Having seen some of the videos and heard from people who were there, I feel the while situation could have been handled a lot better, this article makes it sound like the police are innocent and did nothing wrong! I'm sorry but smacking someone who is filming what's happening is not reasonable force![/p][/quote]don't forget the part where police threw an innocent girl across the street for no apparent reason. I have a video on my phone which clearly shows this[/p][/quote]OT1234 - I appeal to you to seriously consider making a personal compliant against the police for what you saw happened that night. i would advise storing the video of the incident somewhere else apart from you're phone and not posting it on you tube at this time but making the video available when making the complaint. the same go's for everybody else who did see anything illegal done by the police- please seriously consider complaining. IF YOU KNOW what you all saw then you're collective testimonies and any video evidence could well lead to rogue officers getting sacked. i know. the law has changed a lot about police complaints so any bystander upset by anything they saw is well accepted as a complainant. canuck7
  • Score: 20

12:19pm Tue 26 Aug 14

canuck7 says...

mrloverman wrote:
The police force is now launching an appeal to the public for information, and say those responsible will be “brought to justice.” I trust that includes the violent police officers? Doubt it very much. Thank god we live in the U.K ,where our police don't carry firearms.
as long as people like you still believe that complaints against bad officers are a waste of time then rogue police will continue to laugh and take the law into their own hands illegally. i absolutely know what you are saying and where you are coming from. but the powers that be are beginning to realize that ignoring police brutality and corruption has eroded public belief in the police so things have changed quite a bit now and more officers are being sacked or forced to resign. even senior police officers and the government realize that "loose cannon" officers are a liability that they could do without.
[quote][p][bold]mrloverman[/bold] wrote: The police force is now launching an appeal to the public for information, and say those responsible will be “brought to justice.” I trust that includes the violent police officers? Doubt it very much. Thank god we live in the U.K ,where our police don't carry firearms.[/p][/quote]as long as people like you still believe that complaints against bad officers are a waste of time then rogue police will continue to laugh and take the law into their own hands illegally. i absolutely know what you are saying and where you are coming from. but the powers that be are beginning to realize that ignoring police brutality and corruption has eroded public belief in the police so things have changed quite a bit now and more officers are being sacked or forced to resign. even senior police officers and the government realize that "loose cannon" officers are a liability that they could do without. canuck7
  • Score: 11

1:08pm Tue 26 Aug 14

dylansmummy says...

Oh im sorry but what aload of rubbish cannabis is the only substance that has all 27 amino acids that the human body needs and its the tobacco that is addictive weed can be used for loads of resources including replacing petrol and the only reason its illegal is because the government cant tax it... its a proven fact fags, alcohol even exercise etc kills yet no evidence of anyone dying from this!! And its the tobacco not weed u become addicted to n noone is paranoid either get a grip if u dont understand something then dont say anything
Oh im sorry but what aload of rubbish cannabis is the only substance that has all 27 amino acids that the human body needs and its the tobacco that is addictive weed can be used for loads of resources including replacing petrol and the only reason its illegal is because the government cant tax it... its a proven fact fags, alcohol even exercise etc kills yet no evidence of anyone dying from this!! And its the tobacco not weed u become addicted to n noone is paranoid either get a grip if u dont understand something then dont say anything dylansmummy
  • Score: -32

1:10pm Tue 26 Aug 14

dylansmummy says...

And allegedly i have a case against the police for brutality and wrong doing so again open ur mind u boxed up brainwashed people
And allegedly i have a case against the police for brutality and wrong doing so again open ur mind u boxed up brainwashed people dylansmummy
  • Score: -15

1:25pm Tue 26 Aug 14

sb1711 says...

canuck7 wrote:
OT1234 wrote:
ScottLoftus wrote:
Having seen some of the videos and heard from people who were there, I feel the while situation could have been handled a lot better, this article makes it sound like the police are innocent and did nothing wrong! I'm sorry but smacking someone who is filming what's happening is not reasonable force!
don't forget the part where police threw an innocent girl across the street for no apparent reason. I have a video on my phone which clearly shows this
OT1234 - I appeal to you to seriously consider making a personal compliant against the police for what you saw happened that night. i would advise storing the video of the incident somewhere else apart from you're phone and not posting it on you tube at this time but making the video available when making the complaint. the same go's for everybody else who did see anything illegal done by the police- please seriously consider complaining. IF YOU KNOW what you all saw then you're collective testimonies and any video evidence could well lead to rogue officers getting sacked. i know. the law has changed a lot about police complaints so any bystander upset by anything they saw is well accepted as a complainant.
i got told i could be commiting an offence if i were to post footage of what happened on the internet and told to take it down, so i have done so for my own sake! however if this is not an offence, do let me know and i will happily share footage, including showing an injured man being pepper sprayed, with a bandage round his head, as well as the same man (with head injury that the police caused) being kneeled on his head by an officer
[quote][p][bold]canuck7[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]OT1234[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]ScottLoftus[/bold] wrote: Having seen some of the videos and heard from people who were there, I feel the while situation could have been handled a lot better, this article makes it sound like the police are innocent and did nothing wrong! I'm sorry but smacking someone who is filming what's happening is not reasonable force![/p][/quote]don't forget the part where police threw an innocent girl across the street for no apparent reason. I have a video on my phone which clearly shows this[/p][/quote]OT1234 - I appeal to you to seriously consider making a personal compliant against the police for what you saw happened that night. i would advise storing the video of the incident somewhere else apart from you're phone and not posting it on you tube at this time but making the video available when making the complaint. the same go's for everybody else who did see anything illegal done by the police- please seriously consider complaining. IF YOU KNOW what you all saw then you're collective testimonies and any video evidence could well lead to rogue officers getting sacked. i know. the law has changed a lot about police complaints so any bystander upset by anything they saw is well accepted as a complainant.[/p][/quote]i got told i could be commiting an offence if i were to post footage of what happened on the internet and told to take it down, so i have done so for my own sake! however if this is not an offence, do let me know and i will happily share footage, including showing an injured man being pepper sprayed, with a bandage round his head, as well as the same man (with head injury that the police caused) being kneeled on his head by an officer sb1711
  • Score: 10

1:43pm Tue 26 Aug 14

komic1 says...

dylansmummy wrote:
And allegedly i have a case against the police for brutality and wrong doing so again open ur mind u boxed up brainwashed people
Should a mum really be smoking weed, drinking and getting involved in disputes with the police at 4 in the morning?

No I thought not.
[quote][p][bold]dylansmummy[/bold] wrote: And allegedly i have a case against the police for brutality and wrong doing so again open ur mind u boxed up brainwashed people[/p][/quote]Should a mum really be smoking weed, drinking and getting involved in disputes with the police at 4 in the morning? No I thought not. komic1
  • Score: 29

1:49pm Tue 26 Aug 14

nickyf224117 says...

sb1711 wrote:
canuck7 wrote:
OT1234 wrote:
ScottLoftus wrote:
Having seen some of the videos and heard from people who were there, I feel the while situation could have been handled a lot better, this article makes it sound like the police are innocent and did nothing wrong! I'm sorry but smacking someone who is filming what's happening is not reasonable force!
don't forget the part where police threw an innocent girl across the street for no apparent reason. I have a video on my phone which clearly shows this
OT1234 - I appeal to you to seriously consider making a personal compliant against the police for what you saw happened that night. i would advise storing the video of the incident somewhere else apart from you're phone and not posting it on you tube at this time but making the video available when making the complaint. the same go's for everybody else who did see anything illegal done by the police- please seriously consider complaining. IF YOU KNOW what you all saw then you're collective testimonies and any video evidence could well lead to rogue officers getting sacked. i know. the law has changed a lot about police complaints so any bystander upset by anything they saw is well accepted as a complainant.
i got told i could be commiting an offence if i were to post footage of what happened on the internet and told to take it down, so i have done so for my own sake! however if this is not an offence, do let me know and i will happily share footage, including showing an injured man being pepper sprayed, with a bandage round his head, as well as the same man (with head injury that the police caused) being kneeled on his head by an officer
Can I legally film the police?

There is no law stopping anyone filming in a public place, so if you are on the streets you can film without asking permission – the Metropolitan Police’s own guidelines (adopted by all police forces in Britain) make clear that “police have no power to stop them filming or photographing incidents or police personnel”.

There is a law – Section 58A of the Terrorism Act 2000 – that says police officers can stop you filming them if they believe that the video will be used for purposes of terrorism. However, police guidelines state that:

“it would ordinarily be unlawful to use section 58A to arrest people photographing police officers in the course of normal policing activities… An arrest would only be lawful if an arresting officer had a reasonable suspicion that the photographs were being taken in order to provide practical assistance to a person committing or preparing an act of terrorism”.
[quote][p][bold]sb1711[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]canuck7[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]OT1234[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]ScottLoftus[/bold] wrote: Having seen some of the videos and heard from people who were there, I feel the while situation could have been handled a lot better, this article makes it sound like the police are innocent and did nothing wrong! I'm sorry but smacking someone who is filming what's happening is not reasonable force![/p][/quote]don't forget the part where police threw an innocent girl across the street for no apparent reason. I have a video on my phone which clearly shows this[/p][/quote]OT1234 - I appeal to you to seriously consider making a personal compliant against the police for what you saw happened that night. i would advise storing the video of the incident somewhere else apart from you're phone and not posting it on you tube at this time but making the video available when making the complaint. the same go's for everybody else who did see anything illegal done by the police- please seriously consider complaining. IF YOU KNOW what you all saw then you're collective testimonies and any video evidence could well lead to rogue officers getting sacked. i know. the law has changed a lot about police complaints so any bystander upset by anything they saw is well accepted as a complainant.[/p][/quote]i got told i could be commiting an offence if i were to post footage of what happened on the internet and told to take it down, so i have done so for my own sake! however if this is not an offence, do let me know and i will happily share footage, including showing an injured man being pepper sprayed, with a bandage round his head, as well as the same man (with head injury that the police caused) being kneeled on his head by an officer[/p][/quote]Can I legally film the police? There is no law stopping anyone filming in a public place, so if you are on the streets you can film without asking permission – the Metropolitan Police’s own guidelines (adopted by all police forces in Britain) make clear that “police have no power to stop them filming or photographing incidents or police personnel”. There is a law – Section 58A of the Terrorism Act 2000 – that says police officers can stop you filming them if they believe that the video will be used for purposes of terrorism. However, police guidelines state that: “it would ordinarily be unlawful to use section 58A to arrest people photographing police officers in the course of normal policing activities… An arrest would only be lawful if an arresting officer had a reasonable suspicion that the photographs were being taken in order to provide practical assistance to a person committing or preparing an act of terrorism”. nickyf224117
  • Score: 18

1:52pm Tue 26 Aug 14

nickyf224117 says...

Sounds to me like the old bill knew they were doing wrong! id put it up. they cannot charge you with anything, the police involved are more than likely scaremongering because they know they are in deep s**t!
Sounds to me like the old bill knew they were doing wrong! id put it up. they cannot charge you with anything, the police involved are more than likely scaremongering because they know they are in deep s**t! nickyf224117
  • Score: 8

2:20pm Tue 26 Aug 14

canuck7 says...

sb1711 wrote:
canuck7 wrote:
OT1234 wrote:
ScottLoftus wrote:
Having seen some of the videos and heard from people who were there, I feel the while situation could have been handled a lot better, this article makes it sound like the police are innocent and did nothing wrong! I'm sorry but smacking someone who is filming what's happening is not reasonable force!
don't forget the part where police threw an innocent girl across the street for no apparent reason. I have a video on my phone which clearly shows this
OT1234 - I appeal to you to seriously consider making a personal compliant against the police for what you saw happened that night. i would advise storing the video of the incident somewhere else apart from you're phone and not posting it on you tube at this time but making the video available when making the complaint. the same go's for everybody else who did see anything illegal done by the police- please seriously consider complaining. IF YOU KNOW what you all saw then you're collective testimonies and any video evidence could well lead to rogue officers getting sacked. i know. the law has changed a lot about police complaints so any bystander upset by anything they saw is well accepted as a complainant.
i got told i could be commiting an offence if i were to post footage of what happened on the internet and told to take it down, so i have done so for my own sake! however if this is not an offence, do let me know and i will happily share footage, including showing an injured man being pepper sprayed, with a bandage round his head, as well as the same man (with head injury that the police caused) being kneeled on his head by an officer
hi. I am a professional photographer and also use video and I have run foul of the law a few times as regards this dilemma. the law is. It is legal for a member of the public to video or photographer in a public place. I will say now that I have run foul of the police locally for videoing "incidents" involving the police at a neighbours from hell address here in Worcester some years back. the police do not like at all being video'd especially when something like this is kicking off because of course it puts their jobs at risk should anybody including an alledged victim. the sad truth is too that some police will lie to cover their backs sometimes. the dilema you are in is that they now know you have video evidence about the whole matter and it may well be illegal for you to show that evidence on social media without FIRST showing it to the appropriate authorites like the I.P.C.C for example. if it show first on social media then it would possibly jepordize the outcome of any criminal offences committed by the police and/or members of the public. as I said make a personal copy and store it safely where only you know and have access in case the police "lose" you copy.. oh.. I believe the police are within their rights to "seize" your copy now they know you have it- of course hopefully with their intention of bringing ALL guilty of assaults last night to book. you could also consider contacting central tv news or bbc local tv news with the concerns and intention of the real truth coming out. I would also have a chat with a solicitor..
[quote][p][bold]sb1711[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]canuck7[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]OT1234[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]ScottLoftus[/bold] wrote: Having seen some of the videos and heard from people who were there, I feel the while situation could have been handled a lot better, this article makes it sound like the police are innocent and did nothing wrong! I'm sorry but smacking someone who is filming what's happening is not reasonable force![/p][/quote]don't forget the part where police threw an innocent girl across the street for no apparent reason. I have a video on my phone which clearly shows this[/p][/quote]OT1234 - I appeal to you to seriously consider making a personal compliant against the police for what you saw happened that night. i would advise storing the video of the incident somewhere else apart from you're phone and not posting it on you tube at this time but making the video available when making the complaint. the same go's for everybody else who did see anything illegal done by the police- please seriously consider complaining. IF YOU KNOW what you all saw then you're collective testimonies and any video evidence could well lead to rogue officers getting sacked. i know. the law has changed a lot about police complaints so any bystander upset by anything they saw is well accepted as a complainant.[/p][/quote]i got told i could be commiting an offence if i were to post footage of what happened on the internet and told to take it down, so i have done so for my own sake! however if this is not an offence, do let me know and i will happily share footage, including showing an injured man being pepper sprayed, with a bandage round his head, as well as the same man (with head injury that the police caused) being kneeled on his head by an officer[/p][/quote]hi. I am a professional photographer and also use video and I have run foul of the law a few times as regards this dilemma. the law is. It is legal for a member of the public to video or photographer in a public place. I will say now that I have run foul of the police locally for videoing "incidents" involving the police at a neighbours from hell address here in Worcester some years back. the police do not like at all being video'd especially when something like this is kicking off because of course it puts their jobs at risk should anybody including an alledged victim. the sad truth is too that some police will lie to cover their backs sometimes. the dilema you are in is that they now know you have video evidence about the whole matter and it may well be illegal for you to show that evidence on social media without FIRST showing it to the appropriate authorites like the I.P.C.C for example. if it show first on social media then it would possibly jepordize the outcome of any criminal offences committed by the police and/or members of the public. as I said make a personal copy and store it safely where only you know and have access in case the police "lose" you copy.. oh.. I believe the police are within their rights to "seize" your copy now they know you have it- of course hopefully with their intention of bringing ALL guilty of assaults last night to book. you could also consider contacting central tv news or bbc local tv news with the concerns and intention of the real truth coming out. I would also have a chat with a solicitor.. canuck7
  • Score: 17

2:26pm Tue 26 Aug 14

canuck7 says...

you people now who were there as saw and filmed all what happened... if it is really as I am hearing which I believe it is.. you all have the power now to make real change happen. it really is in you're hands.
you people now who were there as saw and filmed all what happened... if it is really as I am hearing which I believe it is.. you all have the power now to make real change happen. it really is in you're hands. canuck7
  • Score: 2

2:33pm Tue 26 Aug 14

canuck7 says...

sorry to be going on about it but anyone wanting to do something about this, the 1st port of call normally is "professional standards", at west mercia police headquarters, Worcester. anyone not satisfied with their investigation then is able to take it to the I.P.C.C. in London. it is a lot simpler than you may think.
sorry to be going on about it but anyone wanting to do something about this, the 1st port of call normally is "professional standards", at west mercia police headquarters, Worcester. anyone not satisfied with their investigation then is able to take it to the I.P.C.C. in London. it is a lot simpler than you may think. canuck7
  • Score: 4

9:01pm Tue 26 Aug 14

rod123 says...

Did anyone bother to film the several police officers being assaulted by the drunken yobs?
Did anyone bother to film the several police officers being assaulted by the drunken yobs? rod123
  • Score: 13

10:07pm Tue 26 Aug 14

DarrenM says...

rod123 wrote:
Did anyone bother to film the several police officers being assaulted by the drunken yobs?
Other than the CCTV Camera's in the Cross, Angel Street and Angel place you mean?, but if what the comments above say is true, then no doubt this footage will be conveniently "lost", or the camera's happened to be "malfunctioning" at the time.

Lets see how they try and spin their way out of this one....
[quote][p][bold]rod123[/bold] wrote: Did anyone bother to film the several police officers being assaulted by the drunken yobs?[/p][/quote]Other than the CCTV Camera's in the Cross, Angel Street and Angel place you mean?, but if what the comments above say is true, then no doubt this footage will be conveniently "lost", or the camera's happened to be "malfunctioning" at the time. Lets see how they try and spin their way out of this one.... DarrenM
  • Score: 1

11:04pm Tue 26 Aug 14

Stanhubby says...

rod123 wrote:
Did anyone bother to film the several police officers being assaulted by the drunken yobs?
It sounds like some officers will be treated for bruising of the knuckles and feet as well as blisters sustained from friction due to judicious use of batons.
As regards CCTV it would appear that police vehicles were conveniently parked blocking any useful CCTV footage! Well what a surprise.
I am related to the young girl thrown bodily 8-10 feet by a police officer. Yes, she was filming the incident and yes she was trying to persuade another police officer from pepper spraying her slightly built boyfriend several times whilst the officer had his knee pressed into his already injured head on the tarmac. He had his face pressed into a puddle by a policeman who had his boot on the back of his head, holding him there! And this was in front of the paramedics!! Her boyfriend then had to go to A&E on his release for stitches to his head. She has fingerprint bruises to her arm from where the officer grabbed her and threw her.
Is this really the "restraint" that is being so lauded by the brass at Hindlip or is it just damage limitation because the police helped escalate a fracas into something more serious with their disproportionate and heavy handed tactics?
Also would the police like to comment on the fact that they are allegedly asking people to come forward with their phone vids so they can persuade them to delete it??
I generally support the police, they have a difficult job but they don't help themselves behaving no better if not worse than the people they are "policing".
[quote][p][bold]rod123[/bold] wrote: Did anyone bother to film the several police officers being assaulted by the drunken yobs?[/p][/quote]It sounds like some officers will be treated for bruising of the knuckles and feet as well as blisters sustained from friction due to judicious use of batons. As regards CCTV it would appear that police vehicles were conveniently parked blocking any useful CCTV footage! Well what a surprise. I am related to the young girl thrown bodily 8-10 feet by a police officer. Yes, she was filming the incident and yes she was trying to persuade another police officer from pepper spraying her slightly built boyfriend several times whilst the officer had his knee pressed into his already injured head on the tarmac. He had his face pressed into a puddle by a policeman who had his boot on the back of his head, holding him there! And this was in front of the paramedics!! Her boyfriend then had to go to A&E on his release for stitches to his head. She has fingerprint bruises to her arm from where the officer grabbed her and threw her. Is this really the "restraint" that is being so lauded by the brass at Hindlip or is it just damage limitation because the police helped escalate a fracas into something more serious with their disproportionate and heavy handed tactics? Also would the police like to comment on the fact that they are allegedly asking people to come forward with their phone vids so they can persuade them to delete it?? I generally support the police, they have a difficult job but they don't help themselves behaving no better if not worse than the people they are "policing". Stanhubby
  • Score: 3

1:33am Wed 27 Aug 14

Gmgrr says...

I am aware of the young girl thrown by police officers with such force her straps snapped off her shoe, spraining her ankle along with other cuts and bruises for no reason what so ever. The boys involved with this incident are harmless boys, treated like criminals and with absolute disgrace. Being Named 'trouble making drunks' but actually the friendliest teenagers before being aggravated and unfairly treated by the police. Who wouldn't defend them selves when being brutally treated. The fact the article states police left with minor injuries, who's to think of the boy been dragged around the floor like a rag doll, already with open wound head injuries urgently needing medical attention. I respect the police and understand they have a job to do but they should be trained to identify necessary actions in these situations, pepper spray and police dogs?? honestly? there not thugs and for unconnected outsiders to walk past and actually step in to try and help the boys, is that not saying something? The police will more than likely put this down to drunken disorderly behaviour which perhaps it was but the disgusting manor in which human beings were treated, murders and real thugs don't deserve that. At this moment I am disgraced and ashamed to be in the community of the west Mercia police, throwing 19 year old girls around, pepper spraying already restrained bleeding teenage boys. What next?? On bank holiday Monday the police displayed more violence than other other citizen, but will both parties be charged? Police and the young party. Of course not. I hope the police do read this to know they've let there reputation down.
I am aware of the young girl thrown by police officers with such force her straps snapped off her shoe, spraining her ankle along with other cuts and bruises for no reason what so ever. The boys involved with this incident are harmless boys, treated like criminals and with absolute disgrace. Being Named 'trouble making drunks' but actually the friendliest teenagers before being aggravated and unfairly treated by the police. Who wouldn't defend them selves when being brutally treated. The fact the article states police left with minor injuries, who's to think of the boy been dragged around the floor like a rag doll, already with open wound head injuries urgently needing medical attention. I respect the police and understand they have a job to do but they should be trained to identify necessary actions in these situations, pepper spray and police dogs?? honestly? there not thugs and for unconnected outsiders to walk past and actually step in to try and help the boys, is that not saying something? The police will more than likely put this down to drunken disorderly behaviour which perhaps it was but the disgusting manor in which human beings were treated, murders and real thugs don't deserve that. At this moment I am disgraced and ashamed to be in the community of the west Mercia police, throwing 19 year old girls around, pepper spraying already restrained bleeding teenage boys. What next?? On bank holiday Monday the police displayed more violence than other other citizen, but will both parties be charged? Police and the young party. Of course not. I hope the police do read this to know they've let there reputation down. Gmgrr
  • Score: 4

7:15am Wed 27 Aug 14

worcestersfinest says...

I wouldn't want to be a police officer in these situations, loads of drunk people fighting and you have to be careful not to use more than 'reasonable' force, all the people on here complaining about police brutality, put yourself in their position, what would you do? "Please everyone can you stop fighting, I'll ask again nicely, please, please sir, please madam" It's pathetic, police have to be so careful these days otherwise they become the criminals, apart from banning booze, putting a curfew on everyone which obviously would cause different problems, can anyone else suggest a better way to tackle the problem?

No, legalising cannabis is not the answer either, idiots!
I wouldn't want to be a police officer in these situations, loads of drunk people fighting and you have to be careful not to use more than 'reasonable' force, all the people on here complaining about police brutality, put yourself in their position, what would you do? "Please everyone can you stop fighting, I'll ask again nicely, please, please sir, please madam" It's pathetic, police have to be so careful these days otherwise they become the criminals, apart from banning booze, putting a curfew on everyone which obviously would cause different problems, can anyone else suggest a better way to tackle the problem? No, legalising cannabis is not the answer either, idiots! worcestersfinest
  • Score: 6

10:32am Wed 27 Aug 14

jb says...

A situation which started with one individual being dealt with by police officers escalated into a mass brawl with around 50 people involved. Maybe...... If the officers had been allowed to deal with this allegedly drunken individual without the interference from others it wouldn't have been an issue. Persoanl perception varies and when alcohol is involved what appears to be 'heavy handed' treatment is an officers way of defending themselves against aggressive individuals.?
A situation which started with one individual being dealt with by police officers escalated into a mass brawl with around 50 people involved. Maybe...... If the officers had been allowed to deal with this allegedly drunken individual without the interference from others it wouldn't have been an issue. Persoanl perception varies and when alcohol is involved what appears to be 'heavy handed' treatment is an officers way of defending themselves against aggressive individuals.? jb
  • Score: 10

10:45am Wed 27 Aug 14

liketoknow says...

I thought it was illegal to serve intoxicated people with alcohol.
I thought it was illegal to serve intoxicated people with alcohol. liketoknow
  • Score: 4

11:20am Wed 27 Aug 14

New Kid on the Block says...

There seems to be a number of people out there who have camera footage showing what happened but not knowing what to do with it.
I would suggest that you keep a copy safe for yourself and make two further copies on disc.
One copy could then be sent to West Mercia Constabulary and the other to Worcester News, anonymously if you like. I am sure the the Worcester news would then check with the Police "Have you seen this camera footage" whilst keeping a copy for themselves.
That way the Police cannot claim not to have the footage and Worcester News will be in the position of (hopefully) having enough footage to know what really happened.
As a result I would hope that any Police investigation would then be both thorough and transparent, no cover up would be possible.
I wasn't there so I don't know what happened, but I am sure I am not the only one who would like to know the true story. There are lots of claims that the Police went over the top in their reactions, but they must have had something to react to in the first place.
There seems to be a number of people out there who have camera footage showing what happened but not knowing what to do with it. I would suggest that you keep a copy safe for yourself and make two further copies on disc. One copy could then be sent to West Mercia Constabulary and the other to Worcester News, anonymously if you like. I am sure the the Worcester news would then check with the Police "Have you seen this camera footage" whilst keeping a copy for themselves. That way the Police cannot claim not to have the footage and Worcester News will be in the position of (hopefully) having enough footage to know what really happened. As a result I would hope that any Police investigation would then be both thorough and transparent, no cover up would be possible. I wasn't there so I don't know what happened, but I am sure I am not the only one who would like to know the true story. There are lots of claims that the Police went over the top in their reactions, but they must have had something to react to in the first place. New Kid on the Block
  • Score: 3

12:34pm Wed 27 Aug 14

Shropshirelad says...

This rowdy, drunken load of night time boozers and lay-abouts are extremely lucky that they were not performing like this in some other European countries, France with the CRS for example. You would'nt have been just pepper sprayed, many would now be suffering from broken bones and aching heads. A great pity that more of this unruly and disgraceful lot didn't get arrested with a really tough court appearance in front of them. Similar scenes to this can be seen any night on the TV Freeview channels - this is what our country has sunk to.
This rowdy, drunken load of night time boozers and lay-abouts are extremely lucky that they were not performing like this in some other European countries, France with the CRS for example. You would'nt have been just pepper sprayed, many would now be suffering from broken bones and aching heads. A great pity that more of this unruly and disgraceful lot didn't get arrested with a really tough court appearance in front of them. Similar scenes to this can be seen any night on the TV Freeview channels - this is what our country has sunk to. Shropshirelad
  • Score: 9

12:44pm Wed 27 Aug 14

lehig76 says...

Stanhubby wrote:
rod123 wrote:
Did anyone bother to film the several police officers being assaulted by the drunken yobs?
It sounds like some officers will be treated for bruising of the knuckles and feet as well as blisters sustained from friction due to judicious use of batons.
As regards CCTV it would appear that police vehicles were conveniently parked blocking any useful CCTV footage! Well what a surprise.
I am related to the young girl thrown bodily 8-10 feet by a police officer. Yes, she was filming the incident and yes she was trying to persuade another police officer from pepper spraying her slightly built boyfriend several times whilst the officer had his knee pressed into his already injured head on the tarmac. He had his face pressed into a puddle by a policeman who had his boot on the back of his head, holding him there! And this was in front of the paramedics!! Her boyfriend then had to go to A&E on his release for stitches to his head. She has fingerprint bruises to her arm from where the officer grabbed her and threw her.
Is this really the "restraint" that is being so lauded by the brass at Hindlip or is it just damage limitation because the police helped escalate a fracas into something more serious with their disproportionate and heavy handed tactics?
Also would the police like to comment on the fact that they are allegedly asking people to come forward with their phone vids so they can persuade them to delete it??
I generally support the police, they have a difficult job but they don't help themselves behaving no better if not worse than the people they are "policing".
"Young girl"? What was a young girl doing out at 4am in the morning?
[quote][p][bold]Stanhubby[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]rod123[/bold] wrote: Did anyone bother to film the several police officers being assaulted by the drunken yobs?[/p][/quote]It sounds like some officers will be treated for bruising of the knuckles and feet as well as blisters sustained from friction due to judicious use of batons. As regards CCTV it would appear that police vehicles were conveniently parked blocking any useful CCTV footage! Well what a surprise. I am related to the young girl thrown bodily 8-10 feet by a police officer. Yes, she was filming the incident and yes she was trying to persuade another police officer from pepper spraying her slightly built boyfriend several times whilst the officer had his knee pressed into his already injured head on the tarmac. He had his face pressed into a puddle by a policeman who had his boot on the back of his head, holding him there! And this was in front of the paramedics!! Her boyfriend then had to go to A&E on his release for stitches to his head. She has fingerprint bruises to her arm from where the officer grabbed her and threw her. Is this really the "restraint" that is being so lauded by the brass at Hindlip or is it just damage limitation because the police helped escalate a fracas into something more serious with their disproportionate and heavy handed tactics? Also would the police like to comment on the fact that they are allegedly asking people to come forward with their phone vids so they can persuade them to delete it?? I generally support the police, they have a difficult job but they don't help themselves behaving no better if not worse than the people they are "policing".[/p][/quote]"Young girl"? What was a young girl doing out at 4am in the morning? lehig76
  • Score: 4

1:20pm Wed 27 Aug 14

Gmgrr says...

lehig76 wrote:
Stanhubby wrote:
rod123 wrote:
Did anyone bother to film the several police officers being assaulted by the drunken yobs?
It sounds like some officers will be treated for bruising of the knuckles and feet as well as blisters sustained from friction due to judicious use of batons.
As regards CCTV it would appear that police vehicles were conveniently parked blocking any useful CCTV footage! Well what a surprise.
I am related to the young girl thrown bodily 8-10 feet by a police officer. Yes, she was filming the incident and yes she was trying to persuade another police officer from pepper spraying her slightly built boyfriend several times whilst the officer had his knee pressed into his already injured head on the tarmac. He had his face pressed into a puddle by a policeman who had his boot on the back of his head, holding him there! And this was in front of the paramedics!! Her boyfriend then had to go to A&E on his release for stitches to his head. She has fingerprint bruises to her arm from where the officer grabbed her and threw her.
Is this really the "restraint" that is being so lauded by the brass at Hindlip or is it just damage limitation because the police helped escalate a fracas into something more serious with their disproportionate and heavy handed tactics?
Also would the police like to comment on the fact that they are allegedly asking people to come forward with their phone vids so they can persuade them to delete it??
I generally support the police, they have a difficult job but they don't help themselves behaving no better if not worse than the people they are "policing".
"Young girl"? What was a young girl doing out at 4am in the morning?
A 19 year old girl entitled to go out enjoying a night with her friends, muppet. as for the police having something to react to in the first place, there was no fighting, no second party just an individual being told he was too drunk by the police and restrained, thrown to the floor and treated like a thug before he had opportunity to answer. people on here trying to defend the police actions, you should be ashamed of yourselves. we understand it's a hard job but it's there job to do it right and set a good example, if people acted as the police did that night with the violence and outrageous manner, prisons would be a lot fuller than they already are. the boys involved will have justice and the police involved in this will be shamed. the video footage clearly shows police acting as if they are fighting rather than controlling the situation. if these were there children, would it be acceptable for them to be beaten in front of so many people? I think not
[quote][p][bold]lehig76[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Stanhubby[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]rod123[/bold] wrote: Did anyone bother to film the several police officers being assaulted by the drunken yobs?[/p][/quote]It sounds like some officers will be treated for bruising of the knuckles and feet as well as blisters sustained from friction due to judicious use of batons. As regards CCTV it would appear that police vehicles were conveniently parked blocking any useful CCTV footage! Well what a surprise. I am related to the young girl thrown bodily 8-10 feet by a police officer. Yes, she was filming the incident and yes she was trying to persuade another police officer from pepper spraying her slightly built boyfriend several times whilst the officer had his knee pressed into his already injured head on the tarmac. He had his face pressed into a puddle by a policeman who had his boot on the back of his head, holding him there! And this was in front of the paramedics!! Her boyfriend then had to go to A&E on his release for stitches to his head. She has fingerprint bruises to her arm from where the officer grabbed her and threw her. Is this really the "restraint" that is being so lauded by the brass at Hindlip or is it just damage limitation because the police helped escalate a fracas into something more serious with their disproportionate and heavy handed tactics? Also would the police like to comment on the fact that they are allegedly asking people to come forward with their phone vids so they can persuade them to delete it?? I generally support the police, they have a difficult job but they don't help themselves behaving no better if not worse than the people they are "policing".[/p][/quote]"Young girl"? What was a young girl doing out at 4am in the morning?[/p][/quote]A 19 year old girl entitled to go out enjoying a night with her friends, muppet. as for the police having something to react to in the first place, there was no fighting, no second party just an individual being told he was too drunk by the police and restrained, thrown to the floor and treated like a thug before he had opportunity to answer. people on here trying to defend the police actions, you should be ashamed of yourselves. we understand it's a hard job but it's there job to do it right and set a good example, if people acted as the police did that night with the violence and outrageous manner, prisons would be a lot fuller than they already are. the boys involved will have justice and the police involved in this will be shamed. the video footage clearly shows police acting as if they are fighting rather than controlling the situation. if these were there children, would it be acceptable for them to be beaten in front of so many people? I think not Gmgrr
  • Score: 0

1:22pm Wed 27 Aug 14

The Villan says...

If the people on here who purport to have 'evidence' of police behaving beyond their remit, then rather than using this forum to claim 'police brutality' may I suggest you follow this link

www.ipcc.gov.uk and follow the complaints link.
If the people on here who purport to have 'evidence' of police behaving beyond their remit, then rather than using this forum to claim 'police brutality' may I suggest you follow this link www.ipcc.gov.uk and follow the complaints link. The Villan
  • Score: 10

2:01pm Wed 27 Aug 14

Stanhubby says...

lehig76 wrote:
Stanhubby wrote:
rod123 wrote:
Did anyone bother to film the several police officers being assaulted by the drunken yobs?
It sounds like some officers will be treated for bruising of the knuckles and feet as well as blisters sustained from friction due to judicious use of batons.
As regards CCTV it would appear that police vehicles were conveniently parked blocking any useful CCTV footage! Well what a surprise.
I am related to the young girl thrown bodily 8-10 feet by a police officer. Yes, she was filming the incident and yes she was trying to persuade another police officer from pepper spraying her slightly built boyfriend several times whilst the officer had his knee pressed into his already injured head on the tarmac. He had his face pressed into a puddle by a policeman who had his boot on the back of his head, holding him there! And this was in front of the paramedics!! Her boyfriend then had to go to A&E on his release for stitches to his head. She has fingerprint bruises to her arm from where the officer grabbed her and threw her.
Is this really the "restraint" that is being so lauded by the brass at Hindlip or is it just damage limitation because the police helped escalate a fracas into something more serious with their disproportionate and heavy handed tactics?
Also would the police like to comment on the fact that they are allegedly asking people to come forward with their phone vids so they can persuade them to delete it??
I generally support the police, they have a difficult job but they don't help themselves behaving no better if not worse than the people they are "policing".
"Young girl"? What was a young girl doing out at 4am in the morning?
19 yrs old is young compared to me
[quote][p][bold]lehig76[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Stanhubby[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]rod123[/bold] wrote: Did anyone bother to film the several police officers being assaulted by the drunken yobs?[/p][/quote]It sounds like some officers will be treated for bruising of the knuckles and feet as well as blisters sustained from friction due to judicious use of batons. As regards CCTV it would appear that police vehicles were conveniently parked blocking any useful CCTV footage! Well what a surprise. I am related to the young girl thrown bodily 8-10 feet by a police officer. Yes, she was filming the incident and yes she was trying to persuade another police officer from pepper spraying her slightly built boyfriend several times whilst the officer had his knee pressed into his already injured head on the tarmac. He had his face pressed into a puddle by a policeman who had his boot on the back of his head, holding him there! And this was in front of the paramedics!! Her boyfriend then had to go to A&E on his release for stitches to his head. She has fingerprint bruises to her arm from where the officer grabbed her and threw her. Is this really the "restraint" that is being so lauded by the brass at Hindlip or is it just damage limitation because the police helped escalate a fracas into something more serious with their disproportionate and heavy handed tactics? Also would the police like to comment on the fact that they are allegedly asking people to come forward with their phone vids so they can persuade them to delete it?? I generally support the police, they have a difficult job but they don't help themselves behaving no better if not worse than the people they are "policing".[/p][/quote]"Young girl"? What was a young girl doing out at 4am in the morning?[/p][/quote]19 yrs old is young compared to me Stanhubby
  • Score: -3

7:52pm Wed 27 Aug 14

Gmgrr says...

Why are comments being deleted from here?
Why are comments being deleted from here? Gmgrr
  • Score: 3

7:56pm Wed 27 Aug 14

DarrenM says...

You can switch on a fly on the wall documentary on most tv channels every night of the week showing police officers arresting or dealing with drunks in city centres.

What's interesting is that I've yet to recall one where action taken by the police in arresting them resulted in 50 bystanders turning against them, the fact that that alone took place is prima facie cause for further investigation, let alone allegations that police are attempting to delete camera footage taken by bystanders, which if true must be perverting the course of justice at a minimum.

Given their demonstrable lack of transparency, and integrity in the entire "Plebgate" scandal, never mind in this and other stories over the last two years, its about time this entire shower were properly investigated from the bottom right to the top by Public enquiry.
You can switch on a fly on the wall documentary on most tv channels every night of the week showing police officers arresting or dealing with drunks in city centres. What's interesting is that I've yet to recall one where action taken by the police in arresting them resulted in 50 bystanders turning against them, the fact that that alone took place is prima facie cause for further investigation, let alone allegations that police are attempting to delete camera footage taken by bystanders, which if true must be perverting the course of justice at a minimum. Given their demonstrable lack of transparency, and integrity in the entire "Plebgate" scandal, never mind in this and other stories over the last two years, its about time this entire shower were properly investigated from the bottom right to the top by Public enquiry. DarrenM
  • Score: 4

8:45pm Wed 27 Aug 14

canuck7 says...

DarrenM wrote:
You can switch on a fly on the wall documentary on most tv channels every night of the week showing police officers arresting or dealing with drunks in city centres.

What's interesting is that I've yet to recall one where action taken by the police in arresting them resulted in 50 bystanders turning against them, the fact that that alone took place is prima facie cause for further investigation, let alone allegations that police are attempting to delete camera footage taken by bystanders, which if true must be perverting the course of justice at a minimum.

Given their demonstrable lack of transparency, and integrity in the entire "Plebgate" scandal, never mind in this and other stories over the last two years, its about time this entire shower were properly investigated from the bottom right to the top by Public enquiry.
very good points DarrenM.. the whole literally was/is as bloody mess. allegations on both "sides" flying around left, right and centre. let the IPCC step in now recommended hopefully by our own Robin Walker MP. I feel led to comment that for all the years I lived in Kidderminster before moving to Worcester in 1991, the word in kiddy always was - if you go drinking in Worcester for a night out, be careful cuz if you run foul of Worcester police thru you're own drunken fault and you get violent then you';re going to get a shoeing..my friend craig, then a steroid and amphetamine abusing doorman got a beating in the back of a meat wagon so serious he needed hospital treatment when they kicked him out without charge at 6am.. he bottled it in court when the guilty people were laughing at him before trial started. he dropped all complaints. point of this rant? something is very wrong and a full inquiry is needed to bring ALL committing offences and taking the law into there own hands the other night.
[quote][p][bold]DarrenM[/bold] wrote: You can switch on a fly on the wall documentary on most tv channels every night of the week showing police officers arresting or dealing with drunks in city centres. What's interesting is that I've yet to recall one where action taken by the police in arresting them resulted in 50 bystanders turning against them, the fact that that alone took place is prima facie cause for further investigation, let alone allegations that police are attempting to delete camera footage taken by bystanders, which if true must be perverting the course of justice at a minimum. Given their demonstrable lack of transparency, and integrity in the entire "Plebgate" scandal, never mind in this and other stories over the last two years, its about time this entire shower were properly investigated from the bottom right to the top by Public enquiry.[/p][/quote]very good points DarrenM.. the whole literally was/is as bloody mess. allegations on both "sides" flying around left, right and centre. let the IPCC step in now recommended hopefully by our own Robin Walker MP. I feel led to comment that for all the years I lived in Kidderminster before moving to Worcester in 1991, the word in kiddy always was - if you go drinking in Worcester for a night out, be careful cuz if you run foul of Worcester police thru you're own drunken fault and you get violent then you';re going to get a shoeing..my friend craig, then a steroid and amphetamine abusing doorman got a beating in the back of a meat wagon so serious he needed hospital treatment when they kicked him out without charge at 6am.. he bottled it in court when the guilty people were laughing at him before trial started. he dropped all complaints. point of this rant? something is very wrong and a full inquiry is needed to bring ALL committing offences and taking the law into there own hands the other night. canuck7
  • Score: 0

9:49pm Wed 27 Aug 14

jb says...

Canuck7 Are you being serious?

feel led to comment that for all the years I lived in Kidderminster before moving to Worcester in 1991, the word in kiddy always was - if you go drinking in Worcester for a night out, be careful cuz if you run foul of Worcester police thru you're own drunken fault and you get violent then you';re going to get a shoeing..my friend craig, then a steroid and amphetamine abusing doorman got a beating in the back of a meat wagon so serious he needed hospital treatment when they kicked him out without charge at 6am.. he bottled it in court when the guilty people were laughing at him before trial started. he dropped all complaints. point of this rant? something is very wrong and a full inquiry is needed to bring ALL committing offences and taking the law into there own hands the other night.

You don't say WHY your drug abusing friend was arrested, violent maybe? Have you ever seen anyone on those drugs resisting being restrained? IF he had any injuries that were 'serious' they would have been dealt with while he was in custody. As for bottling it at court, he wastes the courts time and public money by allegedly backing out and dropping his complaint? You haven't put a very strong anti police case forward there have you?
Canuck7 Are you being serious? feel led to comment that for all the years I lived in Kidderminster before moving to Worcester in 1991, the word in kiddy always was - if you go drinking in Worcester for a night out, be careful cuz if you run foul of Worcester police thru you're own drunken fault and you get violent then you';re going to get a shoeing..my friend craig, then a steroid and amphetamine abusing doorman got a beating in the back of a meat wagon so serious he needed hospital treatment when they kicked him out without charge at 6am.. he bottled it in court when the guilty people were laughing at him before trial started. he dropped all complaints. point of this rant? something is very wrong and a full inquiry is needed to bring ALL committing offences and taking the law into there own hands the other night. You don't say WHY your drug abusing friend was arrested, violent maybe? Have you ever seen anyone on those drugs resisting being restrained? IF he had any injuries that were 'serious' they would have been dealt with while he was in custody. As for bottling it at court, he wastes the courts time and public money by allegedly backing out and dropping his complaint? You haven't put a very strong anti police case forward there have you? jb
  • Score: 4

8:45am Thu 28 Aug 14

imustbeoldiwearacap says...

I know the police are not perfect, but when you face a crowd of 50+ possible drunks, policing becomes a tad difficult, and reading some of the reports and comments many of the crowd were anti-police in the first place. When a situation such as this starts, right-minded people who are not involved should just leave, but such is societies obsession with social media etc. they have to film everything and thus exacerbate the situation, not by their act of filming but just by being in the way of the police doing their job! Also many of the commentators "who were there" would have been drinking and thus there perception of events would be distorted - not very reliable witnesses.
I know the police are not perfect, but when you face a crowd of 50+ possible drunks, policing becomes a tad difficult, and reading some of the reports and comments many of the crowd were anti-police in the first place. When a situation such as this starts, right-minded people who are not involved should just leave, but such is societies obsession with social media etc. they have to film everything and thus exacerbate the situation, not by their act of filming but just by being in the way of the police doing their job! Also many of the commentators "who were there" would have been drinking and thus there perception of events would be distorted - not very reliable witnesses. imustbeoldiwearacap
  • Score: 3

10:53am Thu 28 Aug 14

canuck7 says...

jb wrote:
Canuck7 Are you being serious?

feel led to comment that for all the years I lived in Kidderminster before moving to Worcester in 1991, the word in kiddy always was - if you go drinking in Worcester for a night out, be careful cuz if you run foul of Worcester police thru you're own drunken fault and you get violent then you';re going to get a shoeing..my friend craig, then a steroid and amphetamine abusing doorman got a beating in the back of a meat wagon so serious he needed hospital treatment when they kicked him out without charge at 6am.. he bottled it in court when the guilty people were laughing at him before trial started. he dropped all complaints. point of this rant? something is very wrong and a full inquiry is needed to bring ALL committing offences and taking the law into there own hands the other night.

You don't say WHY your drug abusing friend was arrested, violent maybe? Have you ever seen anyone on those drugs resisting being restrained? IF he had any injuries that were 'serious' they would have been dealt with while he was in custody. As for bottling it at court, he wastes the courts time and public money by allegedly backing out and dropping his complaint? You haven't put a very strong anti police case forward there have you?
Fair comment and I will try and answet. the chap concerned, craig. now 43, hated police and was verbally abusive and aggressive towards them often especially when he was off his head. he was arrested and kicked and punched repeatidly. he said it helped change his life cuz it made him scared of violence because he said if that could happen anything could happen to him the way he was going. he is glad it happened in the grand scheme of things however he doesn't agree with the way police acted above the law. he doesn't trust the police now. his face was unrecognisable and his nose was broken. he got scared stiff in court at the level of confidence in those that had attacked him laughing openly at him and smiling on the day of the trial. he told his brief he wasn't giving evidence. so it was thrown out. in my opinion their ruse therefore worked. lastly JB, I haven't attempted to put forward an "anti police" case here", stop twisting things. I am sure there was faults on both sides the other night. what I have attempted to do it voice my strong belief that there is a "lawlessness" in Worcester police because I have experienced it several times in unpleasant ways over the past 20 yrs. I personally know several quite recently retired Worcester police and I know they are and were genuine and honest. but as one of them told me, there is always the "enemy within". and there are decent cops in Worcester. same as anywhere else through there exists the rogue element. and those who cover for them. end of.
[quote][p][bold]jb[/bold] wrote: Canuck7 Are you being serious? feel led to comment that for all the years I lived in Kidderminster before moving to Worcester in 1991, the word in kiddy always was - if you go drinking in Worcester for a night out, be careful cuz if you run foul of Worcester police thru you're own drunken fault and you get violent then you';re going to get a shoeing..my friend craig, then a steroid and amphetamine abusing doorman got a beating in the back of a meat wagon so serious he needed hospital treatment when they kicked him out without charge at 6am.. he bottled it in court when the guilty people were laughing at him before trial started. he dropped all complaints. point of this rant? something is very wrong and a full inquiry is needed to bring ALL committing offences and taking the law into there own hands the other night. You don't say WHY your drug abusing friend was arrested, violent maybe? Have you ever seen anyone on those drugs resisting being restrained? IF he had any injuries that were 'serious' they would have been dealt with while he was in custody. As for bottling it at court, he wastes the courts time and public money by allegedly backing out and dropping his complaint? You haven't put a very strong anti police case forward there have you?[/p][/quote]Fair comment and I will try and answet. the chap concerned, craig. now 43, hated police and was verbally abusive and aggressive towards them often especially when he was off his head. he was arrested and kicked and punched repeatidly. he said it helped change his life cuz it made him scared of violence because he said if that could happen anything could happen to him the way he was going. he is glad it happened in the grand scheme of things however he doesn't agree with the way police acted above the law. he doesn't trust the police now. his face was unrecognisable and his nose was broken. he got scared stiff in court at the level of confidence in those that had attacked him laughing openly at him and smiling on the day of the trial. he told his brief he wasn't giving evidence. so it was thrown out. in my opinion their ruse therefore worked. lastly JB, I haven't attempted to put forward an "anti police" case here", stop twisting things. I am sure there was faults on both sides the other night. what I have attempted to do it voice my strong belief that there is a "lawlessness" in Worcester police because I have experienced it several times in unpleasant ways over the past 20 yrs. I personally know several quite recently retired Worcester police and I know they are and were genuine and honest. but as one of them told me, there is always the "enemy within". and there are decent cops in Worcester. same as anywhere else through there exists the rogue element. and those who cover for them. end of. canuck7
  • Score: 4

8:18am Fri 29 Aug 14

themooman says...

dylansmummy wrote:
Oh im sorry but what aload of rubbish cannabis is the only substance that has all 27 amino acids that the human body needs and its the tobacco that is addictive weed can be used for loads of resources including replacing petrol and the only reason its illegal is because the government cant tax it... its a proven fact fags, alcohol even exercise etc kills yet no evidence of anyone dying from this!! And its the tobacco not weed u become addicted to n noone is paranoid either get a grip if u dont understand something then dont say anything
This is the most ridiculous post I have ever seen! Your son must be so proud of his mummy!
[quote][p][bold]dylansmummy[/bold] wrote: Oh im sorry but what aload of rubbish cannabis is the only substance that has all 27 amino acids that the human body needs and its the tobacco that is addictive weed can be used for loads of resources including replacing petrol and the only reason its illegal is because the government cant tax it... its a proven fact fags, alcohol even exercise etc kills yet no evidence of anyone dying from this!! And its the tobacco not weed u become addicted to n noone is paranoid either get a grip if u dont understand something then dont say anything[/p][/quote]This is the most ridiculous post I have ever seen! Your son must be so proud of his mummy! themooman
  • Score: 2

11:54pm Fri 29 Aug 14

thatwalkingcarpet says...

Just wondering what the officers hoped to achieve by speaking to the man about being too drunk. What was the best outcome? The man reply "Sorry officers. You are absolutely right. I feel ashamed now you've brought it to my attention. I will sober myself up without delay and be on my way. Rest assured i do not take this lightly and will reflecting upon my anti-social behaviour. Thank you for stopping me making an even bigger fool of myself".

OR is it more likely that the man was so drunk that he failed to fully grasp the points they were making and accept that he was too drunk.
Just wondering what the officers hoped to achieve by speaking to the man about being too drunk. What was the best outcome? The man reply "Sorry officers. You are absolutely right. I feel ashamed now you've brought it to my attention. I will sober myself up without delay and be on my way. Rest assured i do not take this lightly and will reflecting upon my anti-social behaviour. Thank you for stopping me making an even bigger fool of myself". OR is it more likely that the man was so drunk that he failed to fully grasp the points they were making and accept that he was too drunk. thatwalkingcarpet
  • Score: 4

8:18am Sun 31 Aug 14

green49 says...

If you want to get off your head and you cannot conduct yourself properly in public then you shouldnt do it, if you cause trouble then you got to take the punishment, if you want a fight i am sure the SAS training camp would oblige you as they need the practice,
If you want to get off your head and you cannot conduct yourself properly in public then you shouldnt do it, if you cause trouble then you got to take the punishment, if you want a fight i am sure the SAS training camp would oblige you as they need the practice, green49
  • Score: 2
Post a comment

Remember you are personally responsible for what you post on this site and must abide by our site terms. Do not post anything that is false, abusive or malicious. If you wish to complain, please use the ‘report this post’ link.

Send us your news, pictures and videos

Most read stories

Local Info

Enter your postcode, town or place name

About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree