Get involved! Send your photos, video, news & views by texting EJ NEWS to 80360 or e-mail us
Fire crew tackle Cotswold chimney fire
11:06am Monday 3rd February 2014 in News
FIREFIGHTERS made swift work of a chimney fire near Bourton.
A crew from Stow were called just before midnight on Sunday (February 2) to a property in Upper Slaughter.
They were at the scene for just over 30 minutes and used chimney rods to clear the chimney to ensure the fire was completely out.
Due to increased popularity of solid fuel heating, Gloucestershire Fire & Rescue Service attends a significant number of chimney fires every year.
For safety advice visit .glosfire.gov.uk/ysafety_h_chimney.htm.