The place to go for the perfect Christmas tree

Cotswold Journal: OPEN: Gary Andrews, owner of Abbey Road Christmas Tree OPEN: Gary Andrews, owner of Abbey Road Christmas Tree

THE finest firs, sprightliest spruces and peerless pines are available in Evesham to ensure your Christmas tree brightens up the festive period in style.

Abbey Road Christmas Trees is a well-established business in Evesham and houses hundreds of trees of all different shapes and sizes to fit all tastes – not to mention living rooms – both big and small.

Owner Gary Andrews is hoping that people are not put off coming to take a look at his fine collection due to the ongoing closure of Abbey Bridge, saying he is very much open for business and wants to see as many people as possible turning up to purchase the perfect tree.

Mr Andrews said: “I started growing my own Christmas trees six years ago and I am now cutting my own and selling them. I would say 70 per cent of what I sell are my own and grown locally. The other 30 per cent are bought in but are still locally sourced within a 15-mile radius of Evesham. Over the years I have come to realise that most of my customers like to come and browse around at all the different sizes and shapes of trees we have to offer on their own in their own time.

“And with the help of my nephew Chris Ownsworthy, who installed electricity onsite, people are still able to see the 350 trees which are displayed in an area under lighting, after dark.

“I am open until 8pm on weekdays and 6pm on weekends and trees will be on sale until Christmas Eve, with prices starting from £12.

“I would like to thank my loyal and new customers for their support during the Abbey Bridge closure and wish them a Merry Christmas and healthy New Year.”


Comments are closed on this article.


About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree