Get involved! Send your photos, video, news & views by texting EJ NEWS to 80360 or e-mail us
Residents are left 'im-mobile'
1:00pm Tuesday 24th September 2013 in News
HONEYBOURNE residents were left unable to use their mobile phones for almost four weeks last month.
Users on the O2 network were left largely uncontactable while in the village due to a problem with a circuit board, with the problem finally fixed on August 29.
Trish Probert, who used to run the Honeybourne Post Office, was unable to use her phone or receive emergency alerts from the Post Office for 27 days.
She said: “It was my daughter’s phone as well. She is deaf so I need to be able to keep in contact with her.
“We were reconnected about 7pm on Thursday after 27 days.
“It is wonderful to be back in the 21st century and able to use our mobiles not just for social reasons but particularly for emergency situations.
“I am waiting to see if I get an explanation from 02 for the length of time they took to repair the fault.”
Another resident, Sandra Kendrick, of Reades Piece, said she would not be renewing her contract with 02 due to the issue.
An 02 spokesperson said there had been a failure on a circuit board at one of their sites.
“This has been a very rare incident and the intermittent problem has now been fixed.
We apologise for any inconvenience.
Our engineers have been monitoring the site since service has been fully restored and reported no further issues.”
Meanwhile, Station Road resident Kenny Graves, who is with Vodafone said he had endured signal problems in the village since day one.
“I have been in Honeybourne since 2003 and lived in two homes and in both the Vodafone signal is pants.
They have sent me what is basically a booster. I work a bit from home and it is really annoying.”
A Vodafone spokesperson said: “There are pockets where the signal is not as good. Usually in more rural areas. We are always looking to improve things for people.”
Comments are closed on this article.