Get involved! Send your photos, video, news & views by texting EJ NEWS to 80360 or e-mail us
Driving charge dropped
5:00pm Friday 23rd August 2013 in News
A CHARGE of dangerous driving against a 62-year-old Evesham man is not being proceeded with, Gloucester Crown Court was told.
Phillip Davies of St Phillips Drive had been accused of driving dangerously in a Range Rover in Gloucestershire while towing a caravan.
He had pleaded not guilty to dangerous driving on 12th August last year on the A46 at Aston Cross, Tewkesbury.
The court was told the case concerned him allegedly driving a Range Rover with a wide caravan in tow along a road where it was too narrow for him and a cyclist to pass.
But the court was told that the prosecution is not continuing with the case - although it was possible a less serious charge of careless driving might be preferred.
Judge Willliam Hart told Mr Davies that the crown court proceedings against him were now at an end and he was free to go.
Comments are closed on this article.