Get involved! Send your photos, video, news & views by texting EJ NEWS to 80360 or e-mail us
Chimney fire at Eckington house - Pershore and Upton crews respond
11:01am Wednesday 27th February 2013 in News
FIREFIGHTERS were called to a house at Eckington, near Pershore, to deal with a fire in a wood-burning stove.
The callout to the property in Jarvis Street came at about 1.20pm yesterday, and fire crews from Pershore and Upton rushed to the scene.
They found that the fire in the stove's chimney had set light to a wooden beam which forms part of the fireplace.
The firefighters isolated the house electrics and put the fire out, afterwards using heat-seeking gear to scan for hot spots and checking the building remained structurally sound. The incident was over by 3.30pm.