Get involved! Send your photos, video, news & views by texting EJ NEWS to 80360 or e-mail us
Firefighters tackle fires in Cotswolds
FIREFIGHTERS were called out to two fires in the Cotswolds on New Year's Day.
One crew from Stow were called to Tesco at 8.15am on Tuesday and found the recycling skip well alight.
They used one hose reel to extinguish the flames and left after 15 minutes.
Later on the same day, fire fighters were called to a house near Kingham after reports of a chimney fire. One crew from Stow were called just before 4.40pm to a property in Church Street, in Bledington, and used chimney rods to extinguish the fire.
Due to increased popularity of solid fuel heating, Gloucestershire Fire & Rescue Service attends a significant number of chimney fires every year.
For safety advice visit glosfire.gov.uk/ysafety_h_chimney.html to prevent this from happening in your home.