Chimney fire tackled in Lower Slaughter

First published in News by

FIRE fighters spent an hour battling a chimney fire near Bourton.

A crew from Stow community fire station was called just before 5.30pm yesterday to a house in Copse Hill Road, Lower Slaughter.

The crew used one hose reel to extinguish the fire and spent an hour at the scene.

Due to increased popularity of solid fuel heating, Gloucestershire Fire & Rescue Service attends a significant number of chimney fires every year.

For safety advice visit to prevent this from happening in your home.

Send us your news, pictures and videos

Most read stories

Local Info

Enter your postcode, town or place name

About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree