Get involved! Send your photos, video, news & views by texting EJ NEWS to 80360 or e-mail us
Chimney fire at Stow pub
DRINKERS at a pub in Stow had to be evacuated after smoke was seen coming out of the floor.
Firefighters from Stow were called to the Kings Arm, in the Square, at about 9.40pm last night after reports of a chimney fire.
The crew cut away floor joists and used buckets of water to put out the flames and were on scene for 40 minutes.
Gloucestershire Fire & Rescue Service attends about 300 chimney fires every year. These numbers are rising as solid fuel heating increases in popularity. For safety advice visit glosfire.gov.uk/ysafety_h_chimney.html to prevent this from happening in your home.